Thursday 14 March 2013

I'm 30 and I know it

So this past Sunday I turned 30. I didn't melt or go have a midlife crisis, I don't feel like my life has ended nor did I sit around making a list of all the things I want to do in my next 30 years. I spent my weekend with the people I'm closest to here in Australia. I spent my saturday celebrating the first year of a beautiful little girl who I get to share my birthday with. I had dinner with friends who have become my family. And I celebrated my little cousins birthday. ( I'm 4 days older than him) I spent my first week at being 30 helping my friends and work mates get to their next adventure. Not much has changed from bring 29 to 30. But I do love saying I'm 30. I'm not sure why. I didn't suddenly become any more wise and amazing than I already was.

My 20's we're a decade of change. I left my home town and totally changed my career path. I traveled to more countries than I ever thought. I made heaps of new friends who are labeled family. I got married, changed countries, added a new member to our family and even changed my hair. It was an amazing 10 years packed with so much I can't really believe it.

If asked what my 30's will look like whoa man I can't even imagine. I hope they are a little slower going than my 20's I'm getting to old to move that fast. But I sure hope it includes adding more friends from all over the world. I would like to show my son the world instead of just showing him pictures from a book. I hope to learn to love more and give of my self more. To continue to believe in who I am and always rise to a challenge and fight for what I believe in. I hope my voice becomes louder and stronger with out having to say a word.

Thank you to all who helped me usher in this new decade!

No comments:

Post a Comment